Self Mastery and Purpose

An interview of Naomi Stephan by Sue Moore

Sue: Naomi, you titled your book, "FULFILL YOUR SOUL'S PURPOSE: Ten Creative Paths to Your Life Mission." Can you define purpose and mission for our readers?

Naomi: Purpose emphasizes the underlying intention to every action. Ultimately everything relates to an overriding purpose. Mission is our destiny in this lifetime with parents, lovers, friends, and children, our avocation as well as our paid work, our special suffering, our challenges, and our joy. Mission is our melody, and a career is just one instrument on which we play this melody.

Sue: Is it difficult for some people to hear this melody?

Naomi: Yes. Many people feel lost on the path of life, stranded in the woods like Hansel and Gretel, without a sense of direction or a compass to find their way home. I certainly know what that lost feeling is, from painful personal experience.

Sue: Did feeling lost bring you to Life Mission work?

Naomi: Yes. I left a promising singing career in my 20’s to go the safe route of teaching. But, increasingly, I felt a lack of direction or purpose, and began the process outlined in my book, to look creatively for clues to things I loved doing, and put them together to find the mission of my life.

Sue: Could you summarize your life mission in one sentence or phrase? What pulls all that you are doing together?

Naomi: Sound, I discovered, is at the core of my life. I concluded that I really needed to incorporate music into my mission, and not push it aside any longer. I began to compose music and sing again. I'm here to help create a sound world, through the sound of my words and music. Knowing your soul's purpose can get you on the path to fulfilling your mission more quickly. It's like having a road map. The paradoxical truth is, however, we are always on the path, even when we're in the dark or feeling lost.

Continue here ...



Source/Submitted by: An interview of Naomi Stephan by Sue Moore
http://www.lifemissionassociates.com/


How do you like 'SomethingToThinkAbout'? Would you like to submit a posting? Please email us.
Please support our efforts to keep this blog attractive for you. Any donation will help. Thank you in advance for your courtesy.


Add to Technorati Favorites Digg! Post to del.icio.us Webnews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make A Difference (Movie)

Aranuth Speaks about Higher Beingness: May 2015

Changing the World Means We Have to Change Ourselves First